Safe Use of Your Ladder
- Always inspect your ladder prior to using it.
- Do not use a damaged ladder.
- Always ensure it is on solid ground and cannot move.
- If you have to leave your ladder for any period of time recheck it before use.
- Face the ladder when climbing and working.
- Wear non slip footwear.
- Be aware at all times of other people when using the ladder.
- Using the ladder near a doorway is hazardous, always lock, remove or block open the door.
- Only use non conductive ladders where an electrical hazard exists.
- Ladder Safety Video
Care for Your Ladder
· Do not over tighten when tying your ladder down.
· Do not push your ladder around.
· Do not drop your ladder.
· Store your ladder in a covered location (especially important for fibreglass)